Before I bring you my fab Weekend Recap...don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!
Ok, so now...my awesome recap and a recipe!
|Sean's Grandpa turned 80! We named a Star for Him...Ozzie|
|Louie was cute and cuddly...as usual|
|We went strawberry picking...I ate as many as I picked!|
|Homemade strawberry shortcake mmmmm|
Whipped Cream Recipe:
1 pt. Heavy Cream
Powdered Sugar (1/4-1/2 c. or to taste)
1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
- First, put a metal bowl into the freezer to get it chilled. Even better if you put the beaters in with it. I would put them in about half an hour before you want your whipped cream.
- When you're ready to beat it up, take the bowl and beaters out of the freezer and pour in your heavy cream. Turn your beaters on High in the cream, and beat for about 2 minutes or until the cream is starting to fluff a bit.
- SLLLOOOWWWLLLYYY add the powdered sugar while continuing to beat on high. This is a good time to taste your whipped cream (someone has to do this job, sadly), and add until it's sweetened to your liking.
- Add the Vanilla as the cream is beginning to form stiff peaks to get lots of vanilla flavor.
- After 5-7 minutes, your whipped cream should be light and fluffy and ready to scoop on any dessert!