Thursday, March 3, 2011

New York Weekend Part 2: Blast from the Past

This was definitely a blast from the past weekend!  I got to reminisce about time in college, visit my college roommate (Hi, Morgan!), and go to an AWESOME 80s PROM!

The whole reason I went up to NYC in the first place was for my good friend and mentor's bachelorette party.  Marisol is the whole reason I work in Student Affairs, and she is someone who continues to push me to be better at what I do and to seek out new opportunities for growth.  She asked me over the weekend if when I was her intern I ever thought one day I'd be at her bachelorette party.  No.  No I did not.  But I am SO glad we have such a nice friendship, and I'm so happy to be part of this new phase in her life. 

Now, onto the fun stuff.  We started the night at Vamos, and if you know me at all you know that I LOOOOVE me some margaritas.  So I was in heaven!

Blood Orange 'rita

We played some funny games at the restaurant, and Marisol received some risque items including pop rocks, and a funny shaped shot glass... (sorry kids, we're keeping this PG this morning).

And then we were off to the Awesome 80s Prom!  Legwarmers, side pony tails, and blue eyeshadow as far as the eye could see!  It was amazing, and if you're ever in NYC it is definitely a fun alternative to the usual touristy stuff. 

Student Council Pres "Melissa"! with the Football Captain, "Beef", and the girl with headgear and a Cabbage Patch Doll

Is Marisol gorgeous or what?!  Her sash says "Most Likely to get Married"

A special guest performance by Madonna Miranda

The Wanneget High Mascot: The Beaver  (maybe not so PG?)

The night was fantastic and I'm sure Marisol had a good time.  No swinging from the chandeliers, but just enough crazy fun!

And even in New York there is Philly love, I found these all over Penn station:




I headed back to New Jersey to spend the night with one of my favorite girls and probably the only person I could ever live with aside from Sean.  We had some wine, and a good long talk and then went to brunch the next day.  It was great to catch up--I love girl talk!

All in all a fabulous weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I love hearing from all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...