Thursday, February 17, 2011

What will 2011 bring...

So in posts yet to come this year I will explain why 2009 was a year of tragedy, 2010 was the recovery  But 2011, I am sure, will be the year of Melissa! (Inspired by George Castanza of Seinfeld and
the Summer of George.)

So what do I have planned for 2011?  I'm not big on resolutions, but I have some big goals and things to check off my bucket list ready to go for this year.  So I figured I would write down my 11 for '11 to keep me on track.

  1. Get scuba certified (we love to snorkel, now we'll take it to the next level)
  2. Actually go scuba diving-hopefully with my fabulous cousins down in Florida
  3. Train Louie for his Canine Good Citizen award
  4. Get involved with a regular community service activity--any Philly connections/tips welcome!
  5. Meet with a financial advisor and figure out how to save for a house and invest our money
  6. Read at least 10 books for fun--hmm, sounds like another good post series... I read Eat, Pray, Love in January and next up is Blink
  7. Start recording stories of mine and Sean's family with my new digital recorder.  Preserving memories is priceless, and a huge priority of mine.
  8. Exercise regularly
  9. Learn to knit starting with the classes my honey surprised me with!
  10. Actually order our wedding album--2 years later.
  11. Explore professional consulting and coaching as career options--although my degree lends itself perfectly to these options, I really need to figure out if it's for me and if so, is it for me full time, part time....yeah this is a biggy.


So what are your goals/bucket list to-dos/resolutions for 2011?  And if you don't have an 11 in '11 make it happen and tell me what this year will mean for you!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I recommend the book The Help, to add to your list. It is my absolute favorite book of the year, and maybe of all time. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I love hearing from all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...