Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Engagediversary!

engagement ring and engagement watch. 
3 years ago the love of my life asked me to marry him.  Luckily I said yes and so far we're still enjoying wedded bliss.  Since I always look back on that day with fond memories, I thought I would share them with you. 

In 2007, Sean was living in New Hampshire with his parents while I was living in Camden, NJ (yeah...THAT Camden).  We were doing the long distance thing and HATING it and so we'd trade off visits.  In February it was his turn.  Although we had talked about wanting to get married and had even looked at rings, I was not expecting him to propose for a good long while.  However, on February 16th he took me to the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia under the guise of some fancy hot chocolate.  There was no hot chocolate to be found however, since he had actually arranged for a massage in the spa for yours truly.  Now, we always agree on no gifts for Valentine's Day and so when he pulls out a massage at the Ritz when I DIDN'T EVEN GET HIM A CARD I felt like a pretty big ass.  But I'm not one to turn down a massage either... 

Back when the hubs had hair!
Calling my parents--I am a seriously ugly crier
At the end of the massage, Sean snuck in and whispered beautiful things to me about loving me and spending the rest of his life with me, at which point I started sobbing and laughing uncontrollably.  I did eventually compose myelf enough to say yes, and then he took me up the suite he had booked where there was champaigne, roses, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us.  Breakfast in bed the next day wasn't bad either.  (Yeah...he's really this good).  It was completely over the top romantic and I loved every second of it.  

ahhhh romance

Even the strawberries were dressed up for the occasion!


Our special dessert at the Continental Midtown




Thank you, Sean for asking me to spend the rest of my life with you.  Happy Engagediversary!


1 comment:

  1. Aaawww what a beautiful engagement!! Thanks for sharing ur story with ur readers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I love hearing from all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...