Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back in Action!

First of all, thank you to everyone who reached out and kept Sean and I in your thoughts over the past 2 weeks.  It's certainly been hectic and all your kind words really do mean so much so THANK YOU!

Now, I figured a quick update was in order before getting back to our regularly scheduled blogging program.  A lot has happened in the past 2 weeks:

Sean was hospitalized...TWICE! For an infection in his leg.  Apparently it was strep.  Who the heck gets Strep Leg?! 

Being back and forth to the hospital, combined with trying to take care of the pup and actually do work made it pretty crazy around here.  I may or may not have given up on cooking and cleaning entirely. 

We also got another farm share...yum!  Planning on making some Elote with that corn.
We also celebrated Sean's 28th birthday!  We got a Mint Chocolate Chip Cake from Termini Brothers.  This bakery is pretty much a Philadelphia institution, and it totally lived up to its reputation.  Delicious!

Louie graduated from the Advanced Obedience Class which means I can cross off yet another item from my 11 in '11 list!  Those are his pals Dolly and Daisy.  So cute!  Up next he'll be testing for the Canine Good Citizen Award

And we celebrated my Badass Friend Juliette's Birthday by toasting with some Philly Cheesesteaks on our Flavors of Philly Food Tour.  That's her bf Dave--he's a ninja.  Seriously. 


So although things have been busy they haven't been all bad, and we've actually had some fun.  Sean's leg is looking better by the day, and mostly he's just glad to be home.  I'm just glad to be back on the blog and catching up with some of you wonderful ladies.  I have some fun interviews coming up this week so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. So glad Sean's leg is getting better! I could use a cheesesteak right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...sounds like a BUSY couple of weeks!! Glad to hear that he's on the mend and home again. That cake looks sooooo good...Yum!!

    I remember puppy classes...fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I love hearing from all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...