Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Living Green-ish in the City:CSA Week 8

This was a great week for the farmshare!  I promise to post recipes later this week.  Stuffed mushrooms, yes please!  And my beloved pea shoots are back.  I will be putting these into pretty much everything.  I wilt them into quinoa or rice, throw them into an omelet, or add them to salads.  Yumtastic for sure!

Produce 
Pea Shoots - Gehman Family, Lansdale, PA
White Button Mushrooms - Bo-Ka Specialties, Kennett Square, PA
Organic Multicolored Carrots - Sunny Ridge Farm, Spring Run, PA
Organic Russet Potatoes - Countryside Organics, Lancaster County, PA
Pepper Jelly - Greensgrow Farms, Philadelphia, PA
 
Cheese 
Hunstman - Cherry Grove Farm, Lawrenceville,  NJ
 
Dairy 
Milk - Trickling Springs Creamery,  Chambersburg, PA 
Amish Butter - Hometown Provisions, Lancaster,  PA
 
Meat shares 
Grass-Fed Beef Cubes - Natural Meadows Farm, Mount Pleasant Mills, PA

Anyone have any recipes using Pepper Jelly?  I'm really at a loss of how to use it...thoughts are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Put pepper jelly on brie or cream cheese for a delicious cracker dip! Sounds wierd but it is SO good I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Morgan's suggestion. That is very good!

    Hope you enjoy the NonFat milk! Thanks for your support.
    Joe
    Trickling Springs Creamery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I love hearing from all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...