Friday, February 11, 2011

Date Night

Sean and I had a mini date night last night to Distrito.  Distrito is one of our go-tos since it's one of the nicer restaurants in University City.  It is one of Iron Chef Jose Garces' restaurants and so the food is always great to look at and even better to eat.  It's tapas style which is my favorite since Sean can't roll his eyes at me when my fork is in his plate...tapas are mean't to share!
Check out the car--one day we will sit at that table!
 They always bring these spicy peanuts to the table and they. are. amazing.  They have lime zest on them so combined with the spice they are friggen ridiculous.  I need to figure out how to make these because I seriously dream about them at night.
Spicy peanuts
 Now, I have eaten lots of guac in my day but the green stuff at Distrito seriously takes the cake.  I sort of want to just stick my face in that bowl. yum yum yum yum yum!
 But this is what we come here for.  The Nachos Encarnacion.  Holy taste buds exploding.  Not your traditional nachos, but I would honestly fork over a pay check for these bad boys.  Delicious.

Very excited about the nacho
 I wanted to try the grilled cactus tacos much to the chagrin of my meat and potatoes husband.   When the waitress didn't rave about them I was ready to pass but she said that if we didn't like them she'd take them off the bill...SOLD!  All in all not my favorite bite ever but pretty good, and very different.
Not as prickly as you might expect...
 And finally dessert: El Fuerte!  Chocolate and coffee and nuts and mouse and caramel....yeah, it was awesome.
Apparently only the strong survive
Since we won't be dining out for Valentine's Day, (we can't STAND the crowds, jacked up prices, and limited menus) this served as our date night for the holiday.  I think lobster tail and filet is on the menu this weekend though, so don't worry it will still be a celebration!

What is your favorite restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I love hearing from all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...